Monday 20 October 2008

I get motion sickness too easily...

It has been 10 days since my last post, and not a lot of exciting things have happened.

However, I have been working like crazy at Glassons and am really enjoying myself. I tend to work Tuesday - Saturday 11-6, with the occasionally 11-8 or 9-6 (however that is a very rare "occasional" but it happens). I get my first paycheck on Wednesday and it should be about 1 million dollars. Not bad :)

This week Eoin and I have been working hard, trying to save up as much money as we can so that we can do some fun trips! We really want to go to Karori Wildlife Sanctuary next weekend, so hopefully my next post will be about that! We also heard that we can go to Sommes Island and see penguins and tuatara as well as other New Zealand animals. That is also on our agenda for an upcoming weekend trip. Lastly, Eoin and I have plans to go Sea Kayaking the first weekend of November. Now that I've typed it all out, it looks like we have a few busy weekends ahead of us.

This past weekend, Eoin and I took it pretty easy. We went to Te Papa (again) and nearly finished the entire museum! It only took us....3 trips? They have a new exhibit called "Our Space" which has an interactive map of New Zealand. You can step on any part of the map, and on a separate screen a picture or sometimes a movie pops up and shows you something unique about that part of NZ. Pretty cool. There is also a wall that is made up of large computer screens that anyone can upload pictures or videos on to. Eoin and I put a picture of ourselves on the wall. There was also a picture of a crying baby, videos of Maori Haka's and pictures of native plants. Everytime you go in to the exhibit the wall looks completely different, it is constantly being changed by various visitors to the museum. The highlight of "Our Space" are two rides. The Deep Ride and the High Ride. They are both simulation rides, the former being a journey to an underwater volcano and the latter being a skydiving, bungy jumping, vomit inducing never-would-i-ever-go-on ride. Guess which one we did!

I wish I had pictures to show you today, but it seems like everytime I get my camera out to take a picture it is either...
A) got dead batteries
B) got dead batteries that I JUST bought
C) got dead batteries

So, I will try again next update.

I miss you all and hope everyone is doing well! It is about 60-70 degrees here and sunny (with the occasionally huge gust of wind). How is it in NH/NY/MA/Wherever you are?

<3 Alexa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey this courtney, brittney, and haley (triplets) we r still moving wit u guys lol