Monday 6 October 2008

Long overdue update

Sorry that I haven't written anything for a while, but nothing exciting has happened since my last entry.

I love my job at Glassons, its actually really fun playing with clothes all day long and helping people put together cute outfits! I also absolutely LOVE my 40% discount and I have been taking advantage of quite a bit. Woops :) I will post some "modeling" pictures of me in all my new outfits later, I know you are all dying to see them.
However, today I am going to post pictures of flowers. Why? Well, who doesn't like a nice picture of a flower? Eoin and I went to the botanic gardens today, and it was the perfect day for it! Last time we went (remember..the cold windy day that we just went to the cable car museum) it was horrible. Today it was sunny, warm and the flowers were in full bloom. We did the basic walk (there are several trails and paths to choose from) that cuts through the center of the gardens and loops around a few highlights such as the Lady Norwood Rose Garden, which had no roses, the Fern Garden and the Peace Garden which features a small duck pond. We saw two mother ducks with their ducklings, and it was so cute! For the most part, the ducklings stayed close to their mothers, but there were two daring little ducks that swam all over the place and climbed around with no fear... until a little girl ran after them and scared them back into the pond. I have never actually seen ducklings before, so it was really neat to see so many of them together and swimming around.

We definately want to go back and see the Herb Garden, Large Duck Pond and Rock Garden to name just a few of the gardens we didn't get to see today.
Thats about all the excitement for today, but hopefully later this week I will post some more! If anyone wants a post card just let me know!




The Succulent Garden which features plants such as Cacti, Aloes and Begonias.


Some flowers in the Main Garden.

No comments: