Thursday 18 September 2008

Quick Update

I am sitting in our room listening to some music and waiting for 8:10 to roll around so I can hop on the bus and meet Eoin for dinner. He got a job and works nights, the hours aren't set in stone yet but it seems like he will be working 4-8:30ish most nights. As for me, I have a job interview tomorrow morning at Glassons. I already had my phone interview, filled out two separate surveys and now I have an interview. It is for a full-time position at their busier store in Wellington (on Lambton Quay..amazing shopping!). Eoin and I also are both going to be working events at the WestPac Stadium, so that will bring in some extra money as well, plus we get to see rugby and cricket games for free! We should be hearing about that job in the next couple of days and go in for training on Wednesday night.



Eoin and I went to the zoo a few days ago, its a really nice zoo actually. It's really clean and the animals have a ton of space. Each "cage" (I put it in quotes because they are really not cages, you will see in the pictures) are made to be as close to what the natural habitat is in the wild. I was about one foot away from the head of an ENORMOUS Giraffe, saw some Kiwi Birds and even learned that when female Baboons have a swollen red rear end it means they are ready to mate. I am so much more knowledgable now.



Today we had planned to take the historic cable car ride to the top of a big hill that overlooks the city and is connected to a botanical garden, but on our walk to the bus stop it started to rain. Plan B was to go back to Te Papa (the National Museum of New Zealand) and explore some more. We still haven't seen it all. We have two more floors to go, not to mention the temporary exhibits we didn't even see yet.



Well, tomorrow/today/Thursday your time at about....6 PM EST think of me because I will be at my 1.5 hour long interview with Glassons. So scary! What are we supposed to talk about for 1.5 hours?!



Wish me luck! Miss you all!





A Kiwi bird named Kahi. Kahi only has one leg, but learned how to hop around instead of walk. The zoo made him a prosthetic leg, but by the time they tried it on him he had already adapted to hopping and didn't use the leg.


A capuchin monkey. Eoin and I got to throw walnuts to the monkeys, but this one hoarded them all and didn't share. Meanie.


I am not making this face to be funny, it was really scary standing so close to a giraffe. His tounge looks like raw chicken and he kept licking the posts. He also kept staring at me with his enormous eyeballs.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I love reading about your adventures; even the ones at the shopping areas!! Keep writing, love you!!