Friday 26 September 2008

I got a job!

Yep! You read it correctly, I have a job. I start Tuesday and I am so excited! I will be working full time, most likely Tuesday-Saturday. I get an awesome discount (which I have already used to buy a pair of pants) and I am just really into the clothes at this store so I am pumped.

Anyway, on to more things....
Eoin and I went for a walk yesterday on the Southern Walkway. It is a path that goes all over Wellington. You can (but we didn't do this) start at the bay near Central Wellington and walk all the way to the Zoo (near our house) or Kilbirnie (where we get our groceries, about 10 minutes up the road). We just did a loop from our house to the Zoo, it took us about an hour I think and it was actually pretty nice. We got to see an ostrich for free!
Today we took another trail up to the top of Mount Victoria. That was more intense than the other walk, it was pretty much all up hill. However, there are apparently filming locations for Lord of the Rings along the Mt. Victoria path, we didn't see Frodo or Samwise or Gollum though. We also couldn't figure out what the filming spots were, but when we take the LOTR tour (at some point, its expensive!) we can let you all know.

From the top of Mount Victoria (called Mt. Vic by all the local Kiwi's) you can see all of Wellington. I learned, after our walk, that people were killed up there by a low flying helicopter a few years ago. We didn't see any helicopters, so we were safe. Don't worry.


:)

This COULD be where the Hobbits were fighting over mushrooms and Frodo saw the Nazgul and shouted, "Get off the road!" But it could also just be a really pretty spot on Mt. Victoria.





The view of Wellington's central business district from the top of Mount Victoria.
This is from one of our visits to Te Papa. It is a display of fruits and vegies brought to NZ by settlers. Apparently, they had canned peaches back in the day!

No comments: